Thursday, January 6, 2011

great news...

I received an email from Geoffrey in Uganda today that made my day. If you remember back in September when I was doing the $5 challenge and asking 100 friends to give $5 so we could get the orphanage registered and secure the land..I was blown away by the support and was able to get the money to Geoffrey quickly. Here is the email I got from him today:

Hey K B - I am excited to break the news that finally Acres of Hope Uganda is legally registered by Uganda government as an incorporation. meaning we can fully operate anywhere in Uganda and own both movable and immovable assets and also run our activities freely and legally.
With this I would also like to registered my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to you and to all that contributed financially through you,toward the registration of this ministry in Uganda.
Thank you big big Momma
May God continue to bless you as usual.

Geoffrey


That is such wonderful news! I can't wait to go back at the end of February/beginning of March and find our what the next step needs to be in raising money for the actually building of the children's home, primary and secondary schools. I am praying big that people in the States will step up to the plate and give, send teams of construction people, etc....I long for the day when Acres of Hope is standing and full of happy children who just want to be loved. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

nic said...

Such wonderful news! And I love your new banner!

FRIENDS