Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 11: "momma bird is back with a vengeance"

Well if you recall in one of my last posts I made the comment about how Hayden was like a momma bird who had kicked the baby birds out of the nest...two days last week Sara and I worked out without Hayden and felt pretty good about implementing the things we had learned. We pushed ourselves and got some great workouts in. Yesterday the momma bird came back with a vengeance! Hayden was back in the saddle in full trainer mode. There was no laughing...no bargaining with us over how many reps we would do...he came ready to do work and let me tell you...my body is paying the price today.

We did a whole new routine yesterday and I still have that first day haze just trying to remember what all we did because I thought I was dying the entire time. I mean, I felt pretty accomplished after running the entire warm up lap for the second day in row and thankfully Sara was there to celebrate with me as I was gasping for air...Hayden on the other hand did not seem impressed as he told Sara, "that's an every day thing now!" Wonderful! So on to the rest of the warm ups we went and then straight into doing chair sits. Holy cow...that is quite painful. It if hadn't been for the little ant on the ground that I watched the entire time I was squatting I don't think I would have made it. Thank you little ant for distracting me! Then it was on to what seemed like an ungodly number of push-ups, jump squats, prisoner squats..etc. I don't think Hayden realizes that my thighs do not need to get any bigger...all this squatting is for a different baby bird. oh well..I trust he knows what he is doing. I tell you what is not encouraging...having a trainer who is in the middle of finals who likes to take his stress out on you..ugh.

We also did a lot of running today. All the sprints we normally do...today we did them running up a hill, even the backwards sprints. Luckily I never busted my tail but I sure came close quite a few times. I would be okay to never do that again (wishful thinking). We also did a good bit of shoulder workouts today, thus the reason I feel like I have a boulder in between my shoulder blades right now. Needless to say the hair was lucky to get dried this morning but it sure didn't get straightened...I couldn't hold arms up that long. Before we finished with abs we did shuttle runs back and forth across the field and this was when I was pretty certain I was going to throw up again. I think my only saving grace was the cussing I was doing under my breath that never allowed for my mouth to water up and let the "good times" roll. Have I mentioned that this whole working out thing is having a major impact on my prayer life and my constant need to repent?

After shuttle runs and abs, which are always brutal, I laid on the football field face down for about 30 minutes just to avoid spewing. I finally mustard up the strength to walk home and it took the next 2 and half hours to find that same strength to get upstairs so that I didn't have to sleep on the couch. If I don't see the other side of 280lbs this week I might just have to cut off a limb, seriously!I started at 292lbs and I am sitting strong at 281lbs for over a week now.

On a non-workout note...last week was my last week of taking my daily migraine medicine. I talked with my Dr. about weaning off to see how I was doing managing my stress. A lot of my headaches were allergy related as well and I am now 6 months into getting allergy shots twice a week. I figured it was worth a shot...especially since that medicine runs $200 a month. I'm now a little over a week with no topamax in my system and I woke up this morning with a migraine from the pits of hell. I am going to keep a calendar and see if they increase or if that was just a fluke today. I am praying I don't have to go back on meds though. I'm really hoping that is was just the stressful day yesterday and an overly strenuous workout that pushed me over the edge. Keep your fingers crossed.

And we live to see another day...another workout...and maybe another blog entry.

No comments:

FRIENDS