Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happily Ever After....

I have been waiting for this wedding for a long time. Matt and Megan got engaged over a year ago and we have anxiously been awaiting their wedding day. Megan has served as an RA and head advisor for me for the last two and half years. Matt was also an RA and LC student of mine. I affectionately call him "paw paw" after our trip to Turkey when I was partially crippled from a dislocated hip. Everyone on the team started calling me "maw maw" and then one day a Turkish girl asked if Matt and I were married...and thus he became "paw paw." I love both of these kids to death and am so excited to see them start their life together. Megan just graduated from LC and starts PT school in Shreveport on Monday..so proud! I am going to miss having them around.

Their wedding was absolutely precious....so sweet and so Christ honoring. Eric Johnson performed their ceremony and did a fabulous job! I loved everything about the ceremony and how they honored Matt's dad who passed away many years ago. It was just a very emotional and sweet wedding. Now the reception...it was a blast! They had the reception in a barn and it looked fabulous! There was lots of great food...good music...people dancing..just a great time! Probably my favorite part of the reception was the photo booth where you could take 4 different poses and then have them printed out. The booth automatically printed 4 for you to keep and 4 that someone was sitting there scrapbooking and you could leave the couple a note underneath your photos. I loved that idea!

Here are some pics from the reception:


the Galliens arriving at their reception...


the beautiful bride...



first dance...


the photo booth wedding favors...


a sparkler farewell...

No comments:

FRIENDS