Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 15: "vindicated!"

So this is probably going to make me sound like an evil troll but I feel vindicated from my first workout that made me throw up. We have a new workout partner joining us this coming week so on Saturday I took her out to ease her into our routine before she worked out with Hayden....and I made her have to throw up. I was totally sympathetic because I have been there and lucky for her she was able to compose herself but I did feel vindicated that I got to push someone to the edge like I was pushed. Sorry Em!

I got a great workout in though...tire throwing, a few stadiums, lots of lunges and running. I was feeling good afterwards. I was able to run a whole set of stairs without stopping for the first time and I was hopping up those stairs like a bunny rabbit...a heavy bunny rabbit, but a bunny nonetheless.

As of today I have hit the 12lb mark and I am feeling great. I have a little pull in my hamstrings for some reason but I am loving this new lifestyle.

All of that was on Saturday after graduation. Today is Sunday...MOTHER'S DAY...happy mother's day Mom! I have been incredibly productive. I've bathed Matti, done all the laundry, cleaned most of the apartment and cooked dinner for some friends. I was in the mood for some chicken casserole so I invited Alana and Angie over for dinner. Chicken casserole, a yummy salad with artichokes and a pastry puff with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream....you can just call me Martha Stewart. I also repotted a few plants today. It's been a good day!

I also managed to sync my iPhone for the first time in ages and ran across several pictures I forgot I had. I'll share one with you that I love! One of my new favorite people, Felipe, gave me his soccer jersey to hang on my wall this week. Felipe graduated on Saturday so now I have something to always remember him by. One day he was in my office and commented how nappy the LC football jersey I had was...and now it has been replaced by a snazzy LC soccer jersey. Ironically I have an LSU football jersey from my favorite Hispanic in Baton Rouge and now I have an LC soccer jersey from my favorite Hispanic in Pineville. Thanks Felipe!!

No comments:

FRIENDS