Thursday, May 13, 2010

UGANDA SUPPORT LETTER

I commented in the last post that I had sent out my support letters. My sister took her letter and scanned it and emailed it to several of her friends in Birmingham...THANKS TERI! She copied me on the email so I thought I would post it on my blog for any of you who didn't receive a letter. I assure you it was because I didn't know you were following my blog or because I didn't have your address. I can certainly use all the financial and prayer support you are willing to give.

As of today the people on my team are Heather Odom, Matt Jahnke, Myra Eggleston, Catey Heller and Maggie Lingenfelter. Myra and Maggie are both LC students so I am excited to get to experience this trip with them. Catey is a student in Shreveport where my friends Mary and Jamey serve as college ministers. Mary and Jamey are in the process of adding to their family of 3 boys by adopting a child from Uganda. This will be a really neat experience for Catey to feel like she is part of their journey. I also received an email from Mary two days ago and she is seriously considering going with us. I would be honored to have her on the team and would love to see the Lord's hand in using this to lead them to their new son, Gideon Ray. I can already sense the Lord at work in a mighty way putting this team together....it has doubled in less than two weeks.

I sent off my passport to be renewed on Monday. It's hard to believe that it has been 10 years since I went out of the country for the first time. The first passport started with an Australia stamp and the new one will start with Uganda. Here is the amazing thing...I actually look younger in the new photo than I did 10 years ago...how's that for aging well? You can certainly pray that there is no hold on getting my passport back. The turn around time is 4-6 weeks and we leave for Uganda in 7 weeks. YIKES!

I am also looking into all the immunizations we will have to have for the trip. As if 4 shots a week for allergies aren't enough we are going to visit the health unit and get shot up some more. I know for sure we have to have yellow fever shots and something for malaria. Prevention is ALWAYS better than needing to be treated for something funky.

Enjoy the letter and thank you in advance for your investment in this journey!

OKAY JUST KIDDING...my computer is saying that the file is unrecognizable. I will try to attach the letter soon.

No comments:

FRIENDS