Friday, May 21, 2010

DILEMMA

So this whole weight loss journey started when I was not chosen during the Biggest Loser season 10 auditions....and what an amazing journey it has been so far. When Angie and I auditioned we were under the impression that they were casting season 10 and season 11 so auditions wouldn't roll around for another year. As I accepted defeat I decided my goal would be to work so hard that I wouldn't be eligible to audition the next time...that means I would have to lose 100lbs this year. I am well on my way.

Here lies the dilemma...we found out this week that the casting directors are getting ready to hit the road again to conduct auditions for season 11...which will be couples. What to do? Honestly I am quite torn because now I kind of want to finish this on my own just to prove to myself that I can. Is that crazy? I sort of think that the whole reason for me applying the last time was the wake up call I got from the process. Time will tell but I am leaning towards not applying again.

As for the workout...I did two workouts again today. I got up and hit the field at 7:15am this morning to run two miles with Emily. I have to be honest...getting up early was hard. I love my sleep! As hard as it was to get up, running in the morning without eating and getting lots of water was rough. And do you know how quickly it gets hot in Louisiana in the summer...even early in the morning? Weight loss isn't for the weak and nothing worth having comes easy...at least that is what everyone keeps telling me. I got my early morning run in though and then hit the field at 5:45 with Laura for a pretty kick butt workout. One of the new elements we added in today was rolling tracker tires. It took both of us just to stand it up but it was a great arm workout. Hayden would have been proud.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Well not sure what you are going to decide but I know you can do this on your own (with the help of Hayden and your good friends, who are working out with you). Going to a casting call may mean you give up and fall off the wagon a bit and then it would be harder to get back on it. You can do it! When I'm reading your blog and see how excited you are getting at finishing a work out is fun to read! You can do it!

FRIENDS