Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mayday Mayday...Man Down!

Well it was bound to happen and last night it was official...I have my first workout injury. Actually it happened two weeks ago but I just pushed it over the edge last night. I was walking up a hill two weeks ago and felt something pull in my hamstring. For two weeks now every workout has been pretty painful, especially stretching, doing squats and running stairs...but last night we were stepping up on this box that was about two feet high and after the first step I was in pain. Lots of pain! I tried to walk it off and not be a "ninni" as Hayden has often called me. We went to run stadiums and that was painful but I did it and then came time to hop and I was in tears. Hayden finally realized I wasn't being a "ninni" and that something was wrong. I quit running stadiums and went back down to the field just to run some 110s while Sara and Emily finished stadiums. I am happy to report that I almost ran an entire mile without stopping last night...it won't be long now. When Sara and Emily finished we ran gassers...kill me! I hate those so much but I never stopped running. I had to bail out of leg throws but I did all the rest of the ab workouts.

This morning I went to see John, LC's athletic trainer and had my leg checked out. I have a pulled hamstring and have to take it easy for a week. That's a pretty big setback to my 50lb weight loss goal before Uganda but my spirit is not broken. I will do what I can this next week and get back to it when the hammy is better. Apparently week five is my brick wall but I am going to bust on through to the other side and find skinny Kabes on the other side!

No comments:

FRIENDS