Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 13 and 14: "collar bones, Copeland's and a new running partner"

So yesterday was a give and take kind of day. I ended Day 12's blog with contemplating how I would spend my night at Copeland's with the RA staff. I made a smart decision for my entree...it was called New Orleand Lite Fish. I had grilled mahi mahi on a bed of pasta and fresh veggies with a lemon sauce. I only ate about 1/3 of the pasta and all the veggies and fish. I saved room for cheesecake because...well it's Copeland's and I can't resist the bananas foster cheesecake. I didn't eat it all so I was okay with my reward. It was just a great night of good eats and great company. I gave each RA a certificate with the entire staffs' collaboration of "Most likely to's" and we got to share those with each other and laugh quite a bit. Here are some of the things that appeared on my most likely to award:

MOST LIKELY TO...
*be a sports illustrated swimsuit model in 1 year (probably not but I appreciate the vote of confidence)

*to fart and burp in public

*open an orphanage in Africa

*have a Dr. Seuss shrine

*have an extremely spoiled dog

*host the Biggest Loser

*give you a "big girl panty" talk

*intimidate me into writing something nice

*be smokin hott!! (got several of these....thanks guys!)

*look completely different in 5 months

I thoroughly enjoyed my award and was grateful for the support my RA staff has given me in this weight loss endeavor. So, what was my day 13 workout? Laughter...that's all. I took the day off and boy was I ready to get out there and run today.

For Day 14 I had to put in a run by myself. That's not very fun so I decided to take Matti with me to the football field and she had a blast. She was chasing me around the field as I was running and just having a good time. I took her to the vet last week and got in trouble because she had gained 10lbs this year so maybe I will start taking her more often. Surely she lost some weight today because she ran as much as I did only she was way more winded than I was! Poor girl is passed out cold on the couch and has been for hours. I didn't get as killer of a workout as I normally do but I did get a pretty good run in. I'll probably spend some time on the treadmill tonight while catching up on my shows from this week.

And as for collar bones...I ACTUALLY HAVE THEM. I may not be losing major pounds off the scale each week but I am losing inches and when I looked in the mirror tonight with a V-neck on I caught a glimpse of collar bones. Not gonna lie, that was a good feeling!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

collar bones are sexy...
that is how i get boys. :)

FRIENDS